It seems like the longer I have had Facebook, the less time I spend on it. I have been through periods where I have completely deactivated my account, when I really wanted to delete it. But, Facebook is smart, so you can only deactivate your account, almost ensuring that you will be back for more later. And of course I was back for more.
I'm not sure if it was the gossip that brought me back time after time, or the need to connect with people I rarely see who live out of state, but Facebook has a way of making you want more. There is no advantage, to me, of spending time on Facebook. Really, the whole idea of Facebook is pretty ridiculous. A bunch of people, most that you do not even know, gather to gossip and update you on their life. Who cares? I do not care that you just brushed your teeth, or that you just got sunburned, yet the power of being able to know captures people. Honestly, unless you are using it for business or marketing, the only thing you gain from Facebook is wasted time you will never get back. And i have read plenty of status updates that have left me begging for those five seconds of my life back.
The life I lead on Facebook is just like the life I lead around everyone else in my life. I am very real and open, but also honest. I try to only be friends with people on Facebook that I actually know in person, which enables me to remain my true self on the website. I may post song lyrics I really like, or a Lady Gaga video that I found interesting, and these are directly related to my life. If I didn't post the lyrics on Facebook, I would be singing them aloud, same goes for the video, except I would be discussing it. I personally know too many of my friend's on Facebook, so if I were to do something that was untypical of me, they would call me out on it. Therefore, I choose to remain myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment